PRU 1.29% $2.35 perseus mining limited

soros , page-2

1. 184 Posts.
    Umm..this is absolutely ridiculous.

You've heard of the Fifth Amendment right? People "taking the Fifth"? In that same amendment is "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

In relation to "Just Compensation", The Supreme Court of the United States "The Court has repeatedly held that just compensation normally is to be measured by "the market value of the property at the time of the taking contemporaneously paid in money."

Some more food for thought:
    * The last time they confiscated was in 1933-34 because they needed gold to issue bank notes - unlike today where they print more with nothing backing them.
    * Soros exited from paper gold holdings. He wasn't selling physical gold bullion
    * Any attempt to unravel the paper gold market from the physical gold market would make the GFC look like a hiccup. Have you seen the volume of paper gold in existence?

The far bigger issue in gold markets is this. I have no evidence but I would suggest that if everyone with paper gold tried to convert to physical gold at the same time, the contracts could never be settled. They'd soon find out each bar of gold has been sold 100 times over through the derivatives market. Pistols at dawn to claim it.

http://oilprice.com/Metals/Gold/Massive-Price-Discrepancies-between-Paper-Gold-and-Physical-Gold.html

Most likely Soros was taking some profits - nothing deeper than that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.35
Change
0.030(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $3.228B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.32 $2.37 $2.29 $6.953M 2.966M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 211468 $2.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.37 61323 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.