WDS 0.65% $29.59 woodside energy group ltd

Sorry Meg but we can’t save you!, page-13

1. 9,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Okay so the industry superfund would get one vote or woukd it by virtue of 1 million members each holding a fraction get 1 million votes. Poll voting has , as I recall, always been a right that you can ask for.

Legally there is only one owner in Custodian and Nominee setup and I assume that is the same for Superannuation.
    As a Super member, I would like to be in similar position as beneficial owner in a Nominee company, having the right to vote as an individual or too direct my super on how to vote. Actually these these days with the technology available the Super company’s could progress to a similar setup as a nominee company.
    Many company’s BOD have duty to identify the individuals within these nominees companies and not just assume that what presented to them as being valid proxies. Since these beneficial owners are not prepared to exposure themselves or there is no assurance that the legal owner has preformed their duties diligently, they deserve only one vote.

The show of hands was to get things done easier bit I have attended a meeting where a shareholder asked that the resolution be voted on by a poll.

I think this mum and dad rubbish is just that - fake. Evidence from a huge number of reports show that smaller or mum and dad shareholders rarely vote.
    U are correct in what u have mentioned above and many AGM treat members as attendee’s with disrespect by not going thru the right procedural steps, diving straight into poll voting.
    Historically, company boards were never keen with dealing with smaller retail investors and viewed them as being a hinderance in gaining their rewards, and in many case the remuneration resolution took up most of the the AGM time.
    So, they conned Treasury into drafting legislation that would disincentivise retail investors from participating in voting at an AGM.
    Even the latest amendments to the Corp Act on the use of electronic documentation is designed to discourage participation by shareholders who are not computer literate or don’t trust the digital platform. The board would gladly see them dropping off the voting roll as they considered them as simply being nuisances

Have u noticed that since the electronic amendment that poll voting has now been entrenched in the Corp Act, with out guaranteeing that a hybrid meeting is the standard way to hold an AGM

Its amazing how when there are problems the retail holders want the larger investors to bail out the company - BWX for example read the HC posts wondering if ....
    And it surprised many retail investors, that some Industry Super let companies off hook when the mood was to punish the company’s management team.
    I believe even the Shareholders Association, who participated in the drafting of the Remuneration Spill resolution were conned by institutions of directors into believing that the 25% level would be sufficient to get a spill resolution passed with aid of other retail investors - some countries have a lower level.
    I can’t think of successfully spill motion getting thru without the aid of a T20 member.

I also dont buy the argument of mum and dad being the supply of public money - corporate taxes are equally so plus royalties plus duties plus plus plus.

The I was making is that many larger investors overlook the indirect contribution by Mum and Dad investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.59
Change
0.190(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $55.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.58 $29.60 $29.54 $19.27M 651.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 252 $29.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.60 10030 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.10am 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.