WDS 0.10% $29.40 woodside energy group ltd

Sorry Meg but we can’t save you!, page-16

1. 9,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    In WDS case there’re approx 640,000 shareholders with holding equal to or less then 10,000 shares, possibly voting against 5100 other shareholding whose holding is approx 78% of the votes. And we call polling voting a fair system!

In the past retail investors were mainly interested in curbing excessive remuneration payments and custodian and nominee’s company hardly ever bothered to vote.

I believe the average investor these day are possibly on par, knowledge wise as ur past clients
    Like u mentioned more retail investor are mainly concerned with renumeration - which has been nobbled by poll voting - and environment issues.

As one poster has mentioned that participation by retail investors is low, “then why are the T20 scared of going back to one vote per shareholder?”

As u have mentioned if the number of shareholder’s in corporate and fund management entities are probably greater than individual investors. Simply give them a vote each at an AGM and make Corporate Aust appear less corrupt than a Union meeting.

Like I mentioned in previous post, the wealthy have a number of choices to invest in equity structures where they can buy the number of votes by the amount they invest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.40
Change
0.030(0.10%)
Mkt cap ! $55.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.34 $29.63 $29.19 $95.31M 3.236M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12225 $29.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.42 15374 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.