One thing that cofuses me ..How far back is this stolen...

1. 3,402 Posts.

One thing that cofuses me ..

How far back is this stolen generation thingy been going on for..

Some say 230 years , yet I dont think Captain Cook was even here so far back ..

Others seem to think It only started 11 years ago when John Howard came to power ..

How else can anyone think otherwise by the usual suspects using It as a political tool to rubbish him..

Any reason why Keating, Hawke or Whitlam have not been criticised for not apologising.

Interesting subject..

But I will tell you something ..

Most of the apologists have not or ever will live in a Country Town where there are a large proportion of people who do nothing to help themselves ..

In the chance that might be moderated ..

I will still continue to relate a story..

Now this is not racist ..

It is fact , and happens all over Country towns ..

This is mainly what was reported in our local paper ..

And also this family were neighbours of mine

House abandoned,chooks left with no water or feed , dog tied up by short chain also left same, two kittens left inside the house , yep you got it no one was feeding them either ..

Despite repeated call by myself to local council, the RSPCA and the police ..

Nothing was done ..

You know why ..

As soon as I mentioned they were Indiginous no wanted the hassle of being classed as being racist and were not intersted in being involved ..

Anyway , I kept the dog alive by thowing It food from my yard , hosing the ground where he was so he had some water ..

But the Chooks died one by one ..

Then I finally called the health service and my local member and things finally started happening ..

The dog , if anyone Is interested was saved and now has a good home and is back to full health ....

Now comes the SAD part ..

The cleaners sent to spruce up the home for new tennants ..

Removed 17 ute loads of rubbish from both the back yard and inside the house ..

This family comprised of a Mother , four kids and a de facto ..

The defacto got the oldest daughter pregnant when she was 15 ..

I do sincerely hope this thread does not get moderated ..

As god IS my judge this Is a true Story

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.