DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

sotland oil refinery crisis

1. 591 Posts.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gas-city-grangemouth--the-frontline-of-britains-energy-war-8890335.html

Ineos owns Grangemouth oil refinery on the Firth of Forth.

Grangemouth is a town in the council area of Falkirk, near Dart's Airth acerage.

I hadn't realized just how close Dart's operations are from such a key pipeline. It is amazing that when reading a lot of the anti-gas commentary, you would think that the whole area is pristine natural wonders, when it is right next to a massive oil refinery site, twice the size of London!!!!

I few points of interest (my thoughts not the article's)

* Looks like the workers at the refinery may be even more interested in working on Dart's operations with this sort of uncertainty.
    * Support for new jobs - such as Dart's possible future operations - should increase with such news - so should substantially increase public support for CBM in Airth.
    * Ineos would obviously see lots of synergy in developing Dart's acerage - (if only it was approved) - for their workforce and operations. It would be good to know EIEOS's thoughts and intentions towards DTE.
    * Ineos looks like they know how to play hard.

from article

It sits on a site more than two times the size of the City of London, processes 80 per cent of all the fuel used in Scotland and powers the pipes which link the North Sea oil and gas fields to the British mainland.

But now the Swiss-based company that owns Grangemouth oil refinery on the Firth of Forth is threatening to shut the plant forever in a bitter industrial dispute that could have profound ramifications for the future of Britain’s energy security.

The plant’s 1,300 workers have been told they have until Monday night to agree to new less generous pay, pensions and working conditions to make the plant profitable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.