CTP 1.96% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

sounds good to me, page-2

1. 6,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2505
    You can't really compare Hancock's coal at Alpha with CTP's. It's apples and oranges. Hancock's coal subcrops at about 50m and most of that 3.9Bt is shallower than 200m.

Also, there is already an established rail link between Alpha and the coast. The point is that Hancock and Waratah need to ship so much coal they need a new one, and a new port too. A 30Mtpa mine in the Pedirka would likely need new infrastructure too.

I would like to hear from CTP what tonnage of coal, if any, they have shallower than 200m. If they have some we could be in the ballgame. It doesn't even need to be a lot, as shown by Alpha. Just a couple of billion of that 600-plus billion above 200m could make a viable mine, especially in 20m seams.

On the other hand there might not be any coal shallower than 200m in CTP's tenements. If that's the case, I think we can probably forget the idea of mining. I still think CSG is the best bet for CTP's coal tenements. BG don't seem to agree, but let's wait and see the results of the completed CSG drilling program. One of the other CSG-LNG operators might be interested. Santos in particular are short of reserves for their LNG project, and they have a lot of operations in the Cooper Basin. If CTP can find gas there Santos would probably be interested in taking a look.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.