MRC 4.76% 2.0¢ mineral commodities ltd

South Africa Mine-site Riots and Looting

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144

Has anyone seen any information regarding how the current violence in South Africa is effecting or may effect the Tormin project?
    It seems that chaos is reigning supreme and rail networks and ports are calling force majeur and closing.
    The largest refinery closed yesterday and Rio is not re-opening its mineral sands mine.

We haven't had any status updates from the company regarding how this massive in country strife effects operations.

Given recent environmental protests at the site and the increasing chaos since Zuma was put in the clink, I am concerned that the company may not be in a strong enough position to be able to financially manage a shutdown whether from the current DMRE notices for breaches of conditions or from the violence and looting itself.

This may not be a quick resolve on the ground and I trust that the team has appropriate protocols in place to manage the situation. Any updates would be welcome.

They seemed pretty confident in the competency of the new local director David to deal with matters. Perhaps he has some inout he can give shareholders?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
-0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $19.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ $38 1.878K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23122 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 52834 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.14pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.