CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

south africa puts csg on hold, permits ucg, page-9

1. edd
    930 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Nice post psi. (I gave you your first t/u.) I always appreciate your contributions. You appear to have extensive knowledge of the O&G industry and technology to which I certainly defer and I agree that bashing CSG purely in return for UCG bashing is pointless but I don't see that the case made against it by a program (two actually) as well researched as Four Corners can be lightly dismissed. Those who appeared on the program had some pretty serious issues with the companies involved. QGC I recall in particular. The company had near-zero knowledge of the toxicity of the chemicals it was using and was unco-operative with the farmers concerned who - unwilling to put up with QGC's dismissiveness - were left to hire their own expert advisor. And what they learned was alarming. I haven't heard of anything this substantive being levelled against UCG, at least in Australia. I'm aware of examples of problems like Hoe Creek Wyoming USA in the 70s but generally understand that the technology has come a long way since then. Anyway, I'm happy to concede that it's good if you're right that the problems with CSG have been greatly exaggerated. But I still don't know how it can get around the problem of the dams full of salty water they have to produce? Can't imagine how they're going to deal with that one if they ever do find gas at a place with the urban density of St Peters in the inner west of Sydney.

Btw, I hope you take up Arkacia's point and remind DERM that the 2ppb benzene that Cougar leaked - on one occasion only - into the aquifer at Kingaroy was equally as negligible "compared to the amount of water in it" as the many that QGC and their ilk appear to have leaked into and doesn't seem to bother them (DERM or the companies) one iota.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.