south australia burnt twice

1. 5,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Local government and the state government have a lot of questions to answer.

Nothing has been learnt from ash Wednesday.
    Local government laws only allow tree clearing within 5 meters of a home. They would rather put families in harms way. Trees in hills areas allowed to grow right up the roadside.

Last year some idiot from the West Torrens council came to my house insisting my grass was too high and a bushfire fire risk in a built up residential area. What an abuse of process. After being asked if they had cut high
    grass on council land , he replied we are getting around to it.

I asked him how many homes do you know of have burnt down in Adelaide from high lawn , he couldn't name one.

We pay an emergency service levy which has basically been used on a multi million dollar spending spree on
    life saving clubrooms in yuppie seaside suburbs. vote buying.

All the money that has been milked and sucked out of South Australia with emergency services levy .
    We should have a virtual satellite real time map of fire activity updated with a army of support.
    Should I even talk of something so simple.

Just this week I learnt they cant even build a hospital. The new hospital still has contaminated ground and will cost us an extra $130 million. What's the chance the hospital site being abandoned and $1 billion up in smoke.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.