PEN 5.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

south australia

1. 810 Posts.
    Hi folks, about to talk another hike for a week or so - but thought I would share some info and thoughts. Some of you are aware that there is an interesting web of partnerships surrounding the SA assets.

Was pointed to an interesting article this morning (thanks Sisyphus) which mentions Giralia's U308 interests in SA.

"The story of Lake Frome is for another day, and at the moment the uranium focus is on the Beverley Four Mile discovery made by Quasor and Alliance Resources. Giralia has joint ventured ground adjacent to Beverley, and with the price of uranium starting to look firmer after both Cameco and Uranium One announced reduced production, Giralia’s 25 per cent free carried interest could have a hefty value in the years ahead. And it is to the years ahead that investors should be looking if they are not to miss the bus." (http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlenews/article/investors-who-havent-done-the-numbers-on-giralia-resources-iron-ore-properties-might-be-missing-a/895.html)

OK I hear you say, the Lake From JV is GIR and Heathgate/Qasar. PENs JV with Giralia is in Olary (not so far away really). I have always maintained that there is little that really needs to be done here for a while but sit and wait and watch developments move closer and closer to these very strategic assets. Giralia's JV with Heathgate is strategic - especially when you bring the existing operating mine and the access to export license into account.

One other thing - anyone notice UTO flying under the radar at the moment? Take a look at the last few days trading there, take a look at this mornings depth at 30c. UTO (another GIR spinoff) started drilling Olary Creek (!) in mid August... anyone wanna hazard a guess, there may be some results pending?

I sense that things are moving around the joint SA assets and JV's and that all the players have a role in ensuring maximum benefit from these resources over time. As we know, PEN has stated are considering what to do with them, including disposal - I tend to think with the activity amongst a number of the other actors within this group of companies, that they are collectively positioning for mutual benefit.

Was always interested in what they wanted with a man like Berukoff in Ord Street! :) (http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=698422&msgno=3055737#3055737)

Anyone got any info on how U1 are going in finding the partnerships and resources to move Honeymoon forwards - that will be important for kicking SA along further methinks.

Random thoughts - got bags to pack - but hope to check in along the way.

Warmest, Donna

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $1.047M 10.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 9842754 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4002799 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.