SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

southern cross eq jan report sdl, page-8

1. 707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I would have thought that things are working out perfectly for the Chinese.
    POSCO got a little ahead of themselves and SDL management put the Koreans back in their place (with no backup plan other than Chinese)
    The Chinese no doubt want access to the orebody for long term supply, SDL are reliant on Chinese equity partners, Chinese debt funding, Chinese infrastructure suppliers.
    No licences in place so if SDL cant deliver a project in a reasonable and timely manner then the Govt will move the project onto the Chinese - this risk is solely putting pressure on the SP.
    Talk of this massive conspiracy of sp manipulation is a nonsense other than (large )daytraders cutting a few points on a daily basis - it is "noise" and has no effect on SDL ownership structure or prospects.
    The manipulation is in the Chinese want SDL - SDL so reliant on Chinese debt / capital / infrastructure. Who in their right mind could have expected that the Capex number would have come in at the previously proposed $4B.I reckon that we are experiencing a Chinese Burn - CITIC and the suppliers would have put heads together and IMHO if the Chinese owned the orebody, the CAPEX would be sub $4B.
    SDL management have done really well to date and I am hopeful they will deliver, we need to see the Koreans involved again around the edges just to take the wind out of the sails of the Chinese.
    IMO the Chinese will takeover SDL in the $0.40s if this weakness goes on uch longer
    Good luck everyone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.