SYR 3.88% 49.5¢ syrah resources limited

Sovereign risk and synthetic graphite

1. 734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 614
    As a newbie here, I was reluctant to start a new thread and get hung as is likely with HotCopper discussions on some other stocks LOL ....
    but it was likely this post would otherwise get lost in the stream of other posts .

I am researching this stock, in-line with my other holdings mainly centred around (rare earths, and lithium ) namely LYC, MIN , PLS . So far I am seeing enormous potential, especially with the recent sentiment change in particular (the USA) towards action favouring renewables . I have been invested for many years in other core minerals related to green energy production , EV's and storage (as above,) however it is time for a re-visit to graphite.

I have been sifting through the discussions but wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any posts relating to the following (or are prepared to offer some insights). I am sure these discussions have been well and truely covered ......so I may provoke a groan or two from long-termers here ......

* How are folk viewing potential sovereign risks with Mozambique (if any). I am naturally wary of dealing with many countries on the African
    continent.

* Is there any threat of serious competition from synthetic graphite?
    Are battery makers having a preference for natural graphite or synthetic ?
    Are there COP advantages for natural graphite over synthetic graphite ?

I will continue with my research and post accordingly, but naturally would appreciate any input and perspectives from others who have already been down this track.

Cheers

Last edited by gastrader: 03/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.88%)
Mkt cap ! $419.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 49.0¢ $1.906M 3.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
39 175290 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 208857 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.37pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
49.5¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 4.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
51.0¢ 51.0¢ 49.0¢ 992096
Last updated 14.50pm 06/05/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.