CHN 10.1% $1.16 chalice mining limited

Sovereign risk, no problem here.

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I raised this point on another thread, but not any interest in it. My little group of friends that are around my age, sixty, invest a large portion of their portfolio in precious metals, as do I, but they prefer to invest in other countries that they say will offer better returns than Australian operations because of higher operating costs here. While I do have a small percentage invested in Australian companies that mine in other jurisdictions, Brazil, Mali and the Congo, the vast majority is fully at home. I am tempted to go after the possibly higher returns, but at my age, I am worried. This is one reason I am a holder of Chalice, 100 per cent home-based, with no sovereign risk. So I guess my question is, do any other holders here own Chalice for this reason? Not this reason alone but how much do the home-based assets count towards you holding Chalice? I watched this video from another thread and is the reason for my concern. It is about a small Canadian gold company that has ground in Mali, I have stock in an Australian company that has a mine right next door. They were being robbed to the tune of six thousand ounces a month. No such risk here, but is it a real factor?
    It is worth a watch to see how brazen these guys are. And remind us how lucky we are to live here. .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
-0.130(10.1%)
Mkt cap ! $449.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.29 $1.29 $1.12 $18.47M 15.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2497 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.17
  Change
-0.130 ( 9.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.28 $1.28 $1.12 1227223
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.