LYC 0.40% $6.23 lynas rare earths limited

Totally agree TD, "money will do the talking soon enough". I do...

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1928
    Totally agree TD, "money will do the talking soon enough". I do see the Japan connection a bit differently however. A lot of numbers have been bandied about but just assume the actual amount of REs exported to Japan is half the amount required by the Japanese manufacturing base...

OK, Lynas is shut down, just where is Japan going to source the REs it needs? With Lynas down, China will feel the need to rise Japan's price of REs causing the price of Nd to skyrocket. An exploding ND market would immediately disrupt world trade concerns to the point of chaos in the RE industry... This would also make any potential RE startups a pretty attractive investment particularly one who has a bit of IP and experience ...

Sure this may be the trailer to a great movie but my point is that Japan cannot lose the 50% rare earths needed in there manufacturing process and just in time inventory ensures that even a slight disruption would bring things down fairly quickly...

I also agree with several other posts noting a recent walk back of sorts by Yeo and maybe even Fuzzy who tried to say something nice but remains confused. I am confident that things will work out long term but for now I am hoping the hand of Japan is showing three fewer fingers than the hand of the good doctor...

The past few years have provided make Lynas with significant alternative opportunities with the accumulation of valuable IP and experience. At any point Lynas may choose to leverage this IP to develop projects elsewhere and it is feasible we may see a monumental shift in the Malaysian policy due to Japanese influence...

If this happens I sure don't want to be playing catch-up watching from the sidelines trying to figure out what I missed in the Malaysian Star. Amanda is aggressive and understands alternatives that what makes this ride so interesting... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.23
Change
-0.025(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $5.795B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.18 $3.403M 547.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 10175 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.23 20894 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.