EPM 10.0% 0.9¢ eclipse metals limited.

Sovereign Risk

1. 1,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 672
    This is a topic that should interest all forum members. Just to be clear, this is the risk that changing government regulation by whim or political manouvering creates for a stock. It typically means downside.

Sovereign risk is a significant issue in Greenland (it's funny though that EPM presentations say that Greenland is a "mining friendly jurisdiction" lol). The lobbying of NGOs, the climate agenda, change in Greenland society and so on is creating a situation where mining projects will be critically assessed by financiers and the flow of capital might well be constrained.

How will this bode for EPM ?

Regardless of whether you think EPMs tenements are generally "risk free" because it has had mining there for a while, there is risk that the necessary finance to make this mine happen will not be there because of the wider sovereign risk.

Did you see in the EPM presentations that the company has talked about 'joint venture' partners potentially getting involved in the project. Can anyone explain what this means. My take is that they will give a big chunk of the project away to a big player to minimise their risk and get those juicy bonuses for so called 'performance'. Thus reducing our potential returns.

That is what sovereign risk means for EPM. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong but you must admit it operates as a risk in the background that I'm not sure many people are factoring in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $20.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $16.04K 1.688M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3292078 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 358039 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.9¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ 651625
Last updated 15.08pm 03/05/2024 ?
EPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.