LYC 2.88% $6.96 lynas rare earths limited

What an interesting time - these past 8 months since the Capital...

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    What an interesting time - these past 8 months since the Capital Raising in September at $2.30 have been game changing for Lynas, and need I say "Game Changing for Shareholders" - Intriguing at the time of the Share Issue, was the unknown - if the shares would hold the $2.30 price because of the obvious dilution, a fear brought on by past history of struggle for long term shareholders.
    Reflecting on this "in hindsight" there never was a worry, the share price quickly picked up pace and was heading for $3.00. Wow, what a ride as we actually broke $3 and continued heading north! The beauty of the strength at the time was it gave you little reason to sell as the share trended higher on a daily basis. As we all know now, it continued on its merry way right up to $6.80 or thereabout. What a breath-taking ride. I am sure at any time during this rise, we have all contemplated locking in good profits, some of us more-so than others! And why not, to sell at $3.00 would have given you a handsome profit and a bit of security in the event of a typical retrace, something Lynas has been famous for.
    But Wait!! What if you sold a big piece of your holding at $3 or even $4, that sick-feeling in the stomach would start to rise as you bemoaned the missed opportunity to make an even greater profit as the stock travelled north on a very steep trajectory.
    All of sudden you are back on hotcopper - your sentiment has changed from "Buy" to "Hold" as you try navigate the euphoria of the holders. Your tone has changed, your outlook is more sombre, there are grey clouds on the horizon, the dragon is going to gobble up Lynas and spit it out.
    We do not know the future, and we will all make decisions based around our own understanding of Lynas' future - I personally think Lynas will excell - not just because of its unique position in the world of REE, but rather, the management team which has steadfastly held its head high during some incredibly tough times. - cheers Jake

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.96
Change
0.195(2.88%)
Mkt cap ! $6.421B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $6.96 $6.66 $7.048M 1.029M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 4423 $6.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.96 4690 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.47pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.