CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

sp action for week ending feb 12., page-6

1. 8,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    Just out of interest on a good (but not great) day.

As we all try to improve our lot in life and make enough to live in quiet enjoyment in our retirement, I draw peoples attention to the following article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/7190750/Millionaire-gives-away-fortune-which-made-him-miserable.html

I have always said " Wake me when it gets to $8.00"

There has always been a very specific reason why I have also said I would give anything over that amount away (literally)

Build a school in various locations in Asia.

The reality is that money does not bring happiness , it brings freedom from not having to worry about paying the next bill or put food on the table, it also provides a higher standard of living.

But in itself money does not bring happiness, studies have shown that while there is a temporary feeling of euphoria in the recipient, within 12 to 18 months the person feels no happier, and in fact can feel worse, as they have the new and untrained for problem of what to do with the money.

Hence for me I say $8.00 per share is enough, (it may well be that $80 cents to 1.50 is enough.

I truly believe that any more than that will cause me more unhappiness than it will happiness. I have met many people who have divested themselves of all their assets and travelled the World only to find themsleves and come back a richer , fuller human being.

As I look back over teh years the most intersting times and times I reflect upon with pride has been how I handled teh difficult times in my life.

I have also seen people who tied their money in a hankerchief so that it was almost impossible to spend it.

Those people were "parsimonious" and unhappy people.

Nope wake me whan it gets to $8.00 and let me do some good before I depart this mortal coil.

CB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.