CLW 4.13% $3.53 charter hall long wale reit

SP and REIT, page-3

1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Dividend investor for about 5 years here.

On top of all the great reasons explained by desertredlion, you have the traditional view that REITs, especially conservative ones are bond proxies so their SP is weak due to falling bond prices.

My take on CLW is definitely a Buy. My shares were bought at about $4.80 and will be looking to add more if it slides below the $4.30s (about 10% down from my original position). As a dividend investor, you are looking for safe long term returns and I doubt you can find many better priced options than CLW. Sure the growth will not be stellar. But from experience, you can rarely go wrong in a 2-3 year or longer period if you buy REITs below NTA.

Regarding David Jones, I believe the risks are outweighed by the prime quality and historical significance of the property in Sydney. Yes Covid, but if any place is better positioned to pick up from a rebound it is Australia at the moment. And retail didn't do half as badly as it initially looked over the pandemic. I doubt ending the Jobkeeper in March will have any dramatic effects bar any significant new outbreaks; which again looks pretty unlikely with the border closure and mask/quarantine overdrive lunacy of the premiers.

Regarding mining dividends; you can find some great opportunities in the sector but beware, as their dividends tend to be volatile, subject to external factors (ie commodity prices) and with a rolling finite horizon (diminishing reserves, so they constantly have to keep exploring/do acquisitions).

Generally, look for mining companies with long life assets, low debt (so they can withstand any downturns), and dividend history of several years.
    Some good suggestions that you may want to research (and that I hold) include GRR, JMS, RRL and MGX. Also looking (but not holding yet) into ZIM, BSE, SFR for potential entry opportunities if their SP falls.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.53
Change
0.140(4.13%)
Mkt cap ! $2.552B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.44 $3.54 $3.44 $6.022M 1.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11110 $3.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.53 12232 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CLW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.