CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

sp heading north, page-17

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Speaking of OPT, anyone have any ideas why their Portland, Victoria REDP project wouldn't be listed on their web site?

http://www.oceanpowertechnologies.com/projects.htm

They do say this on their web site, but its from 2009:

"OPT announces that, in partnership with Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd (?Leighton?), it has received a A$66.46 million grant from the Federal Government of Australia to build a 19 MW wave power project off the coast of Victoria, Australia. The award is one of four renewable energy projects approved by the Federal Government after considering over 30 applications, and is the sole wave energy venture. The Government funding will be used to advance the construction of a wave power station to be built in three phases off the coast of Victoria near the city of Portland, with a total expected capacity of 19 MW. It is expected that work will begin on the project by the second quarter of calendar year 2010. The award was announced by the Australian Resources & Energy Minister, Martin Ferguson, under the Renewable Energy Demonstration Program (REDP), which has awarded funding totaling A$235 million, aimed at meeting the Government?s target of generating 20% of the country?s energy needs from renewable sources by 2020. The grant is conditioned on the signing of a Funding Deed and obtaining additional funding for the project."

http://www.oceanpowertechnologies.com/major.htm

So work was meant to be starting a year ago? I wonder if the arrangement with Leighton is in trouble due to their Vic desal plant and other financial woes? I can't find any news since 2009 about this. I'd say it could be a dead project if they can't get the two thirds funding they need. I wonder if CWE could potentially cut their lunch (drop in on their wave?) so to speak, if the OPT/Leighton deal falls through. I know its a fanciful thought, but its a juicy one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.