MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

sp heading soutth again, page-44

1. 8,606 Posts.
    Kiwi,
    its been told to me from an industry lawyer that a public company cannot withhold information to anyone, if that information can be released without crossing any legal boundaries such as inside info, which leads to inside trading. (They are different for interest sake).

Public companies must do this, not private ones however.

And i was also told that under regulation they must be answerable to shareholders. The practical rationale is that there must always be someone to answer the phones and answer questions as the Q's could be coming from ASX ASIC or any governing body - given the authority element this is why it is the law, moreso than for shareholders benefit.

Thanks for the time info, i will spread that he is at his office at the end of day mostly. I usually never get him before lunch and never ever before 10am, io get the in house messaging service which caters for about 50 businesses in the building the supervisor says...At first i thought i was dialling MAE, but it is put through to MAE if the telephonist can get MAE on the phone. She often states that there is noone in the office and i have even asked her to check for his car. So he would know the pressure is on and if last week was anything to go by, he is in a very pressed and tense mood due to shareholder impatience.

We do get along though and speak easily about a variety of topics, not jusv the company, but maybe GAS, Commodity pricings, Investors and of course, we talk about the weather. I am surprised he divulged the flow rates to you actually, but thanks for your info.
    I will be posting mine at midnight tonight if he asnwers the phone in USA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.