BSL 0.82% $20.59 bluescope steel limited

sp is crashed, page-20

1. 4,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I agree that the board has done and is doing all it can at the moment. Except pack up manufacturing here and increase overseas - but it's too soon for that, imo the tax probably won't be passed.

Other countries are back-peddling away from "climate change action". Wilkie will withdraw support for the ALP if they don't give him his poker machine regs. Windsor is non-committal, and imo is the ALP's C02 escape strategy - (ALP will pork barrel him to vote nay, and ALP keep their political promise to Greens, keeping their alliance intact). And of course, with the ALP clinging to power by a thread, polling suggests if there's a bi-election they'll be out on their ear.

Also, as I understand it, Swan said today or yesterday that there will be no C02 tax compensation for the steel industry.

But a couple of weeks ago the AWU (Australian Workers Union) (Paul Howes) warned Julia Gillard it will withdraw support for the carbon tax if it costs one job.

And even if they get it in, Abbott has said "we will oppose it in opposition, we will rescind it in government".

BSL has plenty of hurdles to get past, but so does the ALP's C02 Tax.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.59
Change
-0.170(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $9.061B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.63 $20.74 $20.50 $24.60M 1.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 19353 $20.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.61 6805 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.