PRX 0.00% 0.2¢ prodigy gold nl

sp is holding up well., page-60

1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237

"In the meantime investors could be making profits in other stocks and other areas, until gold makes its big move"

Chuk,

I posted that comment as food for thought, earlier today.

There are some investors sitting on well known gold stocks that are 70% down and which won't move much until gold stocks are back in favour again, maybe 1 to 2 years? (ABU not included). And I have an investor friend sitting on a stock that hasn't moved in 18 months, down about 80%.

These investors could sell a parcel of their static stock and move in and out of a another stock for a period of time, and at least make some profits, before their original stock starts to move again. But not into a "hot" area as you've suggested.

One stock that appears to be good for this type of short term gain is Central Petroleum. I am very bullish on the stock in the longer term because it is sitting on a very large oil and gas discovery in central Australia. Currently around 10c but it has been moving up and down 10% or 20% quite regularly allowing watchful investors to make regular profits of 10% to 20%.

I can't see the point of sitting on a stock for 2 years or so in the hope that it might move. (ABU is a different story altogether). Why not use part, or all, of the capital that is left to make some profits along the way? Risky, yes. But as Vendor would say, most investors shouldn't be caught with 70% or 80% capital losses, a stop/loss at 10% to 20% would maintain an investor's capital.

Those who sold ABU at 4.6c a few weeks ago would be laughing now, if they were buying back in again at 3c!

ABU is my preferred long term "spec" stock at present and I can't wait for the trial mining to begin!

Go ABU!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.235M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $500 250K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 77523422 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 6017920 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.02am 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.