MTS 0.54% $3.68 metcash limited

sp recovery, page-4

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    It's very strange........

Short positions haven't changed much over that time either. On Dec 10, the day the stock went ex dividend, it was trading $3.21 with non-believers (shorters) accounting for 10.22% of the register. Today it's pitching $4.19 and those same atheists now make up 11% of the population.

So there should be significant downward pressure but the stock is walking on water. And as PSI was saying, some real headwinds for the company....... I love Metcash - the little defensive that could. But it's fast getting to a sell for me. Quit while I'm ahead.

........This 30% swing in a month - on no news - in a way it's representative of the strangeness of the market at the moment. I like this bit from Robyn Bromby in today's Australian:

Each year, the global system becomes less transparent and far more spooky. Apart from all the various currency manipulations going on, and the euro providing a gold standard-like straitjacket on European economies -- not to mention the inability of the world to pull itself out of what seems to be a long-term slump -- there's increasing risk of something very bad going bump in the night.

It was dangerous enough just having derivatives. The most recent figures from the Bank of International Settlements in Basel show over-the-counter derivatives totaling $US639 trillion. ($620 trillion). And no one really knows what they all are.

Awesome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.68
Change
-0.020(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $4.016B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.70 $3.72 $3.67 $12.66M 3.434M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 154451 $3.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.69 1984 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MTS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.