SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Am not good at posting but wanted to add my thoughts. Martlett 1...

1. 7 Posts.
    Am not good at posting but wanted to add my thoughts. Martlett 1 oil well to commission in December is in the middle of nowhere so has 3P reserves calculated over big area. Not sure but might be 4 well spacings for example. Well spacing might be 40 acres or 80 acres and so on. Production from the well can then be used to produce a 2P reserves over a smaller area. Lets say 50% of 3P figure or say 2 well spacings. When commissioned and actually producing then 1P reserves assigned for 1 well spacing (itself) if you like. Martlett 1 would imagine will be first well of say many more wells and 2P reserves will jump when these are drilled and oil flows confirmed. When commissioned and connected then 1P reserves jump. Martlett 1 is good stuff.
    The gas is very important because of green energy. Solar panels produce any amount of energy during summer say 6 hours and say 4 hours in winter. Cloudy day drops them to as low as 10% of capacity. Useless at night and close to nothing early morning/late afternoon. Wind farms also good but have a look at energy graph, more peaks than Himalayas. So need coal (cheap) for base load. Could use gas but power bill will need brown pants on to open. To even out the solar and wind peaks either nuclear or gas. Have a look at electricity power stations in SA 2 big coal baseloads, stack of gas to even out wonderful green power peaks and make it respectable power source without brown outs and blackouts. Germany needs Russian gas and has nuclear to even out green power. This saves them burning their brown coal but gas is expensive so Japan has buckled and restarting nuclear as gas is sending them broke. Gas is the go and Senex is in the box seat as one of the providers. You cannot wind up and wind down a coal fired power station as quickly as Gas. Gas and green power are a good combo for developed world. Coal for places like India and previously China to lift people out of poverty. Senex AGM tomorrow at 9:30. Note the above is my thoughts and should not be relied on in any form.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.