NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Interesting points you raise Kfann. Excellent food for thought....

1. 3,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    Interesting points you raise Kfann. Excellent food for thought.
    Just on the npat, I doubt the executive team and the board would allow a npat loss for the full year. In my book that would be a considerable strategic failure given the primary factor would be overspend on the well flagged/advised $8m US investment for FY15. However it certainly is a possibility to consider.

I think the low half year npat figure (which included $4.4m of the $8m) spooked the market somewhat and that has obviously been expressed in the sp. However I suspect the full year will include the remaining tax asset on the balance sheet (of which they used roughly 50% last year to boost NPAT). There should also be the R&D credit of roughly $1.5m as per the last 2 years? Although I have not seen an announcement of that in the last few months as there was in the last 2 years. Will they get the R&D credit this year? Anyone know for sure?

Having said all that, I am guessing npat will be approx half of last year. Anything less will be disappointing, anything more will be ok for me.

On US revenue for this FY, i am not wasting my time thinking about it. Likely to be insignificant IMO. The first test comes in 1H16 then the crunch in 2H16.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.