GRY 0.00% 20.5¢ gryphon minerals limited

sp weakness equals opportunity

1. 3,306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 779
    Well due to the lack of buying support over a sustained period the weighted moving average (WMA) for GRY is:

3 month WMA approx $1.09

30 and 60 day WMA approx $1.00

SP is at 18 month lows and now at 80c from a peak of $2.12 from approx 1 year ago.

Either something really stinks that has not been disclosed to most shareholders. Or alternatively buyer malaise, choppy international investment scene/share markets, gold price weakness is now presenting aquisitive overseas gold companies with the mother of all opportunties to pick up GRY on the cheap as a major African gold footprint very shortly. An initial pitch at 60% premium to 30/60/90 day WMA would indicate a potential bid price of around $1.60 - $1.70.

Both GRY and AMX are pumping large $$$$ to increase resources and reserves as quickly as possible. If AMX does in fact recieve a takeover offer first(see AMX ASX announcements regarding corporate interest, due diligence and open data room), it will be very interesting to see how the GRY SP responds when all comparative EV/ Resource metrics etc including T/O premium are applied to GRY.

There does not seem to be much buying support even at these levels yet, but I cannot help but feel the bottom is near and that some form of corporate activity may be imminent.

I hold both GRY and AMX.

Also the latest online subscription for Highgrade (www.highgrade.net) which focuses on mining stocks worldwide contained the article titled:
    AFRICA: Investors selling Gryphon short? ALL things being equal, a question investors interested in emerging gold companies might one day ponder is whether they looked hard enough at Gryphon Minerals during the current malaise for gold stocks.

Does anyone subscribe? If so, request a bit of an article summary please.

Cheers
    Sarge

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.