PRU 1.82% $2.52 perseus mining limited

sp will rocket up 10-25% over the coming days!, page-94

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Hi furniture- hope you're well. PRU closed down in Canada on Friday to CAD 39c, an equivalent in exchange rate to AUD of 39.6c:

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/PRU?countrycode=CA
    ___

Not sure it is going to go uop today on the Aus markets, unless gold goes up intra-day, of course, and then PRU *should* rise. There might be some "justifiable" fall here, re POG, but then there was the Directors/founders resignation (they end mid-month), which caused a rather nasty fall, so perhaps that part of the slump is unjustifiable. They finish mid-month. What was interesting is that the Board voted on less remuneration, and the founders/Directors resigned, which to me either shows a lack of conviction, or something else. I note that they said, upon resignation, that they wanted to leave independent Directors on the Board, and I thought that was odd. Could they be thinking of a (former) management buyout? An utter guess, and probably nothing to it.

PRU used to run ahead of TRY, as TRY produces far less, but now TRY is $30m ahead of PRU in market cap. When this happened in the past, PRU took off ahead of TRY. TRY has developed some debt, has a mine life ending soon, and has a new mine to develop- surely a candidate for a capital raising?

PRU is now lower in share price/market cap than when gold was $US1220/oz earlier in the year. None of the gold companies are really producing cheaply, in an AISC way. As Autosime has written in his posts, the company does not want to raise capital, so that, for now, is a steadier. With no debt, a current life of mine for Edikan to 2024 (very solid there), and Sissingue tucked away for a better day, PRU has a lot going for it- in the future, if not today due to current POG. There's not much point in checking/comparing the PE/r now of PRU and others, I don't think, because if things continue like this for a while, PRU will be in negative PE/r, as it won't make a profit. No big deal there, as NCM isin negative PE/r too, and PRU won't be negative forever, with its new LOMP. NCM is in massive debt, but it has dropped about 3/4 from peak, whereas PRU has dropped 90% over a couple of years- from $4 when POG was about $US1800/oz, to now- a reverse 10-bagger, which seems a bit much.

PRU looks pretty tidy, being debt-free right now. It does need the VAT refund, but with no decision to develop Sissingue, if it can cut back on costs little by little, I don't think it is in serious trouble- can't say that for some other ASX-listed goldies, who are starved of cash at the moment.

And for the broker recommendation watchers, this one is good- 30 brokers surveyed, the majority with a hold, but if you scroll down, there are some great graphs to see where PRU might be going in terms of earnings forecasts, etc. This one also updates as time goes on. Another one for the favourites:

http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Forecasts?s=pru:ASX

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.52
Change
0.045(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $3.453B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.53 $2.53 $2.48 $3.670M 1.464M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
65 96282 $2.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.52 43022 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.45pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.