FML 3.33% 14.5¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi Mark, if u look at course of sales u will notice heaps of...

1. 94 Posts.
    Hi Mark, if u look at course of sales u will notice heaps of small trades often of the same volume or close to, with incremental increase or decrease, most of these i consider unmarketable parcels for the likes of you and me but not for the algorithmic trading platforms of brokers and institutional investors with direct market access.

I spoke to the ASX on Tuesday this week in relation to this regarding my most favorite specie(see my username posts if interested) as the same thing has been happening there as well.(and im sure on plenty of other good stocks where it is beneficial to take large position on ;) )

ASX confirmed that this IS the work of HFT (high frequency trading) by means of algorithmic computer programs designed to execute large trades in a manner that ensures the best possible execution for that entity, however these algorithmic based programs have the ability to 'chase' or 'sniff out' stop loss orders, to the detriment i believe of equitable market participation.

An ASX discussion paper is available and well worth the read
    just copy this into your address bar.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CIMBEBYwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asxgroup.com.au%2Fmedia%2FPDFs%2F20100211_review_algorithmic_trading_and_market_access.pdf&ei=qapqT5-gIvCimQW24LGtBg&usg=AFQjCNGshzWARx0-OvF7WcEga4Sg5sKEMQ

I believe when this happens it is large funds wanting good positions under the radar.

ALL imho

Best regards Si

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $41.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $41.98K 285.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93501 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4618 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.41pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.