TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

SP, page-4

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I don't think it is the Macquarie Harbour saga that keeps the share price so low. Last year Tassal de-stocked their leases there and then re-stocked them again and still managed to report record profits. If they have to do it again this year, they will.

I have two other potential causes of weak share price: there is currently nothing exciting about Tassal - just a company that grows and sells salmon. Revenue is raising, profit is ok, but there is simply nothing new about the business so why would you bother buying in. I compare it with another company in my portfolio, Freedom Foods Group, where the stock price is inflated largely by neverending announcements about new products, partnerships, joint-ventures, market expansion plans etc. - no profits there yet but hey, the market seems to love it this way and I enjoy the ride.
    Perhaps things will turnaround for Tassal once they confirm rumours about entering into prawn market.

Another cause may be ongoing high percentage of shorters. It keeps puzzling me why someone would short a stock where revenue is up every 6 months, profit and debt is well managed but what do I know. It appears that a big chunk of market players believe the SP should be down for a reason.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.