MGX 3.51% 29.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

@Stefans Backwardation makes sense from a pure fundamental logic...

1. 42,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    @Stefans

Backwardation makes sense from a pure fundamental logic in the sense that the current rise in IO is 'man made' from BHP/Vale then Vale itself with the potential for a few more spills from their existing slurry pit. At first I thought one could just fix the potential collapse by doing some kind of cementing but I don't think there is a short cut akin to a design fault. My hope is that this premium IOP is sustainable at least in the short to medium term provided China's consumption of rebar/steel is not impacted by the tariff war and with Trump's tweaks to the tariff, all scenarios are possible. Each time I predict, I fall flat on my face!

@col69
    If I may apply some basic Fib retracement to the LT charts (weekly), the issue is where do we pull the low from. There are 2 options:

Low from the most recent Weekly swing low before price rally started (Dec 2018)
    Low from a confirmed double bottom (Oct 2017 & March 2018)

Observing the sensitivity of price I have to say the 2nd option is far more "accurate" but this is just a guide I use, not gospel truth.

mgx.png

The lower candle shadows is the sensitivity of those Fib levels, the 50% and 61.8% with a caveat that this tool doesn;t not imply turning points as we are experiencing. The Yellow circle marked has a significance level for me and with the benefit of hindsight, this was where I would have entered. FOMO has something to do with it.

We are currently at the mercy of the global macro economic/political fight between 2 competitors. I am looking to FMG as possible leading indicator of the sensitivity to the contango that has just been implicated.

Good luck to us all, Lord help us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.010(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $359.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.5¢ $637.1K 2.210M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 275537 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.