MFS mfs limited

sp, page-9

1. 129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Guys,
    By the strength of the sell today (Thursday) there must be something big driving this. As someone said already the bad sentiment was not there yesterday.
    I don't know what it is but it's unique to MFS - they really copped a hiding pretty much alone.
    It might be some US Prime exposure we aren't being told about. MFS is an investment manager and quite possibly they have money in Countrywide Financial Corp. (US). It can't be too much but MFS do manage a very big fund. But that is not MFS's own money of course. They do have about $700m borrowings - who that is from and where that is we don't know. Was any in Countrywide US?
    It could be a broker downgrade from several brokers but we would of heard about that surely.
    You know my guess is one of the major stockholders has bitten the bullet and decided to quit the stock. I have seen that before - they don't wait - they just DUMP. The brokers on the desks would know where the sells are coming from - a few brokers or many, and whose stock is it. A couple of years ago before I went online I could have found that out easily but now my broker (on the desk) has moved on. Does someone know a broker they can ask? Let's get off our butts and find out - after all it's hardly secret information. Tomorrow they might just flog it again - who knows.
    Just my views, HM
    (MFS stockholder hanging in until the story comes out.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.