SP3 5.26% 2.0¢ spectur limited

New member to this forum! Discovery of these treads and forum...

1. 4 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

New member to this forum! Discovery of these treads and forum over last weekend have been absolute gems! Would like to add some of my insights. I see some value in the company however have some points to discuss if they have not been discussed before

For past 4 years my previous company used Spector’s products the HD4 and ST6. Spoken to few Spectur staff overtime for diagnosing the issues over the phone in last 4 years.

My observations

1. Engineering staff: If you go to their LinkedIn page to look at the current developer staff you will see one senior software engineer (Ben K) and one electronics engineer (Rasheed) who is a recent graduate looking at his LinkinIn profile. Yes two engineers and nine sales personal (including NZ) for tech company (?) is bit odd.

2. Hardware: Both product types used (least our units do) had development board as host for their software. Extension control board looks fairly simple with off the shelf 4G modem.

3. Add on ‘sensors’: Gerard mentioned this numerous times. I cant find any(?)

Some comment on Gerard’s points mentioned on couple of past presentation wrt to my observation

1. Engineering staff: Going back to linkedin if you search ‘Spectur’ and choose people who’s past employer was Spectur then four other engineers come up employed for many years. Four years ago they had six engineers now two. Either they have moved the engineering off site or have Ben K do all the work. Little too dependency in my prospective by just having two engineers! Gerard mentioned the engineering capacity of developing own software doesn’t add up.

2. Hardware: As a PLC control system developer I would say their hardware did not impress me at all!. Our units (especially the STA6) was offline every time we checked on their portal. HD4 that I worked with had raspberry pi like board not ready for production. Detection at night time was very bad with many false positive alarms. AI detection on their software has very long way to go for sure!

3. Add on ‘sensors’: I asked this couple of times to the sales person year ago with no definitive answers. On the website I cant see any sensor add ons available. Gerard have mentioned this numerous times about addition of ‘third party’ sensors, what is he referring to? I cant see either of the HD4 and STA6 having way to interface external sensors. Is this promise now deliver later (or never) scenario?

Anyhow two things concern me before jumping on the ship is 1. Engineering staff 2. Hardware offerings and functionality. Would love to hear some of your thoughts

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP3 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.