SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

"Space – now open for business"

1. 1,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 950

‘Amok’, you are quite right, the Rocket Lab solution using the Electron to deploy our nano-sats would be significantly cheaper than any other ‘current’ option. With a dedicated SSG payload of 200kg (approx. 30 x Nano-sats) at a mission cost of $4.9million, that puts the cost per nano-sat at just over $163,000…………………. Now that is simply AMAZINGLY cheap!

But as ‘New Logic’ suggests, Rocket Lab will need to have a few successful missions under it’s belt before getting a gig with SSG. And I don’t doubt for a moment that that is very much on the cards. Given Rocket Labs goal to have flights each week, I am sure they will get up to speed with ‘reliable’ flights in next to no time! The potential for SSG to deploy its full 200 constellation at a very ‘affordable’ price will looking very positive indeed.

If Rocket Lab performs well, and GomSpace get their nano-sat production line cranked up, don’t be surprised if SSG go straight for the global mobile jugular and set about building their 1000 x Nano-sat global constellation in quick time!

Here is what Rocket Lab is all about and what it has to offer -
    The following link show an animated movie of how the three diamonds will be tested through their demonstration trials in April / June next year - The 3 Diamonds demonstration mission.

This STK simulation movie demonstrates several Sky and Space global planned capabilities including P2P communication, 2-way satellite inter-link and network chain control.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9GIC6TOK8

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.