FMG 3.61% $20.10 fortescue ltd

spare a thought for the shorters, page-94

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    In the event of a 1987 like event, I would be protected somewhat by the fact that even if my stops don't trigger on my long trades, the losses will (hopefully) be covered by my short trades.

I was around in 1987, and I'm still here. If you maintain your passion and enthusiasm through thick and thin, you will not only survive, but prosper beyopnd your dreams. People often freeze when faced with unpleasant decisions, that's fatal. Sell and regret, but sell, NOW! If required.

I don't know of any pursuit that rewards like the market does over long period. But its hard work, and the learning never stops. Its never dull for me.

Another point is that utimate profit from the stock market depends on your decisions, not the method used. Eg. CFDs, futures, options, etc may change the gearing and risk, but they don't change the outcome.

I've also learnt that its really about people. Managers and smart people. Eg. Who's the smartest person out of Andrew Forrest who made Fortescue what it is, or (...), a certain lawyer hailed as God's gift, who lost %100m in a hi-profile collpase?

I know what I think. And who I listen to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.