Yes .. well NK , I could easily start naming violent career...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    Yes .. well NK ,

I could easily start naming violent career criminals and present , the not only far more common case , but the more logical case .

Being exposed to constant violent actions , starting with not so violent " love smacks " ( as someone else called hitting ) , doesn't make the individual passive . It makes the individual respond .. If you stated punching a kid when they were 7 years old , they'll be hitting you and others at 15 years old .

Its pretty simple , smacking is about hitting / striking a child who is much smaller than you , Its a show of power and control , the principle is not only outdated , it simply doesn't work .

The problem with the entire principle is ..Wheres the line ? in these violent actions , the lines always blurred by the individual .

Also the argument " It didnt do me any harm " ..Yeah , neither did , Drink driving , Cigarette smoke ..etc etc ..

A good example is the current drinking advertisement which shows how the actions of adults move though generations , some speaking in favour here and doing so because they know in their heart that their own parents have failed them , they may not hit / smack themselves but they would consider it disrespectful of the generation prior ..

We need to let go of all that , we have moved on as a society , its not a good given right to hit , and unfortunately it didnt do you any good , the time as come to admit as much .

Anyhow , thanks all for your participation in the debate , Ive said enough and my view is clear . I hope all your children / grand children and all others have a wonderful live in our fortunate Country ..Thanks all again , I have said enough , so I'll leave to others if they wish to continue .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.