SPR 0.71% $1.41 spartan resources limited

Yes, spec, the young(ish) man seems to be forgetting luck and...

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2747
    Yes, spec, the young(ish) man seems to be forgetting luck and his geo team had huge roles in the success he is having. No doubt he is up himself. Not that it matters to me if he thinks he is in a Ayn Rand novel as long as he is competent and delivers for shareholders.

On the point of delivering for shareholders I can sort of understand why he shafted shareholders with the Delphi deal as people forget if Delphi had missed out on its royalty win it would have the second time Dephi has stepped in to help save the company only to get repelled. I think it fair to say that without Delphi's support over the last couple of years this company would have crashed. So, as I said, I get why Simon Lawson did not act in the best interests of the shareholder body on the Delphi royalty issue but the fact is he did put shareholders second.

The new name is juvenile nonsense in my opinion but if it gets SL out of bed in the morning then go for it.

The other point I make is that SL does seem to be looking all the time for the company to be taken over. This preso he was on about Never Never ticking the boxes for the world's biggest gold miner, Newmont, and in a recent presentation he was goading one of the non-exec directors of Ramelius. Not sure if he is simply looking for validation from his peers or whether he does actually expect to be with the company for only a relatively short time (for instance there would be no room for both Mark Zeptner and Simon Lawson at Ramelius).

As for multiple Never Nevers - I'd be happy if they delivered a second one and see where we go from there. Does anyone know of any mine which has multiple high grade replica ore bodies in close proximity to each other like SL is suggesting is at Dalgaranga? There is a cluster of ore bodies at Mt Magnet I suppose but not all of them are high grade or the same in geology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.41
Change
0.010(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $1.560B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.42 $1.45 $1.39 $9.831M 6.942M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3600 $1.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.41 1003 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.