TVN 1.85% 5.5¢ tivan limited

Spat won't stop mine ....., page-2

1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/nt-mining-minister-lays-out-expectations-in-epa-and-1-billion-mine-exchange/news-story/9c9a4016a04f1858644a9eea9ec50240

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3232/3232531-05227727b6ffc7bc9f239f5f34d86b86.jpg

THE Territory’s Mining Minister Nicole Manison says she is confident the spat between the proponent of a $1 billion Territory mine and the NT’s environmental watchdog boss will not affect their working relationship.

NT Environmental Protection Authority chairman Dr Paul Vogel gave mining company TNG an angry serve last week for statements to the ASX that the EPA claimed were “incorrect and potentially misleading”.

TNG has a world-class strategic metals mine on the table near Alice Springs and part of the plan is for a processing facility at Middle Arm, which the EPA is now asking the company to justify building at that site.

The request is just one of 23 new matters raised by the EPA, which TNG says will now need a substantial amount of additional work.

Dr Vogel told the ABC he wanted to speak out about TNG’s ASX statement and was “pretty furious”.

Ms Manison signalled her concern saying it was important “we have the Environmental Protection Authority and TNG working closely together”.

“I don’t want to make too many comments about some of the statements that came out last week except to say that my expectation is that they work together constructively,” Ms Manison said.

“It is important that people know that mines have undergone thorough environmental assessment to know they’re sustainable … that they reduce their impacts on the environment.

“I have no doubt that the professionalism of both of those organisations will continue to see them working forward constructively.

“This project will be a good project for the Northern Territory.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $94.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $51.52K 929.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 195625 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 37162 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.