spc sack 73 workers, page-58

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks Pinto...good stuff.

How about instead of selling off aussie business to china, japan, brits and god knows who else ----------- we keep it in Australia and then have skin in the game?

A very laudable sentiment. And interesting to me because I have a friend with a very large productive farm that grows thousands of tons of food. After family ownership of more than fifty years he is now selling. He's 45. The reason is basically that he is stressed to the point of breaking. Why is he so stressed? Because even though he is very efficient at farming, uses best practice and does not cut corners, costs have beaten him. On the one hand the costs of production are astronomical, but the price he must take is dictated by the exchange rate and the vagaries of markets on the other side of the world that are often artificially supported by their governments.

So he put it up for auction but there was little interest. He listed it and a few tyre kickers came along, but no sale. Sadly, the only buyer with the necessary kit came from the Middle east.

Who do we blame for this sorry state of affairs? It is being repeated all over the country. I don't have the answer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.