NHC 0.20% $4.95 new hope corporation limited

special dividend of 35c? current sp $4.79

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    In case anyone has missed this, I thought i would raise it. NHC is currently being "the quiet achiever", and rising slowly.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/ubs-revisions-irk-boral-investors-20100726-10slj.html

CASH HOPES

New Hope Corporation shareholders will be hoping to get their hands on a special dividend after the coal business banks a $576 million cheque from the sale of its Arrow Energy stake later this week.

The Arrow position was acquired for about $119 million, while post-tax proceeds from the sale to the Shell-PetroChina consortium should top $439 million.

Even before the Arrow disposal, New Hope was sitting on a healthy cash balance of $1.4 billion, so there is no pressing need to hang on to the cash windfall.

Indeed, analysts from Ord Minnett reckon that the company's exploration and development projects can be funded from operating cash flow of about $300 million a year and rising.

The projects include expansion of the QBH export coal facility, a doubling in output from the New Acland mine, and development of a coal-to-liquids strategy.

According to Ord Minnett, 35 a share would be in the ballpark for a special dividend.

A likely cash windfall is not the only good news for New Hope investors. Ord Minnett has reassessed New Hope's value in light of the Banpu bid for Centennial Coal, and the resulting valuation of about $7.75 a share compares favourably with the current share price of $4.75.

The broker valuation is based on Banpu's offer of about $6.80 for each reserve tonne.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.95
Change
0.010(0.20%)
Mkt cap ! $4.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.96 $4.96 $4.86 $11.52M 2.343M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 34528 $4.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.95 23023 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.