RHI 0.00% $6.50 red hill minerals limited

Special dividend?

1. 3,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2089
    It has been stated by RHI that the company, among other things, intends to commence paying dividends once the initial capital payment is received. I have been wondering what this might mean as it significantly impacts the current value of our holdings.

My expectation is that there will be an immediate special dividend. That is a simple way of getting a benefit to shareholders. I realise that share buybacks are also mooted. The latter are more complex eg. on-market vs off-market etc. I think there is a recognition at the company that long-standing shareholders deserve a quick reward. I am anticipating a substantial fully franked special dividend will be paid quickly. What is substantial? I'm thinking perhaps $1.50 per share. A dividend of that amount would consume around $90m of the after tax cash payment which will be circa $156m and still leave the company with $66m of cash for ongoing activities and future developments.

Given there is another circa $150m net cash payment in prospect maybe 2 years from now, I believe that is quite a realistic scenario and puts into stark relief the low price shares are currently "trading" at. I put the word trading in quotes as I do not believe we are seeing anything like a liquid or transparent market right now.

regards
    DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.50
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $415.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.51 $6.51 $6.50 $2.017K 310

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1395 $6.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.65 32 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.17am 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.