CKL 0.00% 70.5¢ colorpak limited

It is interesting as we all look at what is happening on the ASX...

1. 1,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    It is interesting as we all look at what is happening on the ASX boards, but there is a lot of action off the boards that will no doubt impacting the listed businesses.

I am still convinced that Ruffy's buy of CKL was a blocking moving and maybe down the track he will merge it with PPG.

What is also worth noting is that a mid sized private packaging distributor called Silverlock was purchased by another private packaging company called Plasdene. Silverlock is a distributor of rigid and other packaging while Plasdene are mainly glass and bottle manufacturers and distributors.

Plasdene's range is predominantly built up from PGH (Pact) products. I suspect that this small consolidation play will eventually wind up into a larger consolidation of Plasdene into PPG!

What is then left is the Cospak business (Circa $120m) which is majority if not totally owned by San Miguel (The Philippine conglomerate) Their business would be decimated as they to have a significant reliance on PGH (Pact) for product.

I must say the next couple of years will be very interesting, however the level of consolidation will result in PGH and PPG owning over 95% of the rigid plastic's market (outside of Brand owners self manufacturing) Where is the ACCC????

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.