PMT 10.8% 56.5¢ patriot battery metals inc.

Speculation PMT may be an acquisition target for PLS, page-89

1. 1,359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 488
    Agree. My dream scenario is a PLS scrip only buyout. I think that scenario offers holders the most flexibility and upside for those wanting to remain exposed to the exploration upside of the remaining untouched 20+ km of trend along that greenstone belt. All the chit chat about other James Bay area plays and the multitude of "next PMET's"... for mine the best chance of finding another CV5 is probably PMET. With a single asset producer like PLS there is potential for future finds to be very accretive for holders unlike getting swallowed by a Rio et al. Those who want to hold and avoid tax implications can. I am in a unique tax jurisdiction myself where I gain no benefit from holding 12 months at all unlike the 50% CGT discount for Australia tax residents. But I pay zero tax return if I hold 3 years so I would be quite content to pay no tax now and hold PLS shares with a the divi then sell for a life-changing windfall at zero tax rate in 2026. But everyone is different and those wanting cash can sell into any offer.

I don't see them having the luxury of waiting 12-18 months though. I think it's unlikely someone doesn't make a move before years end and this will force the hand of other suitors. I think all suitors will get flushed out this year. I know there is a block of key holders that will need to be seduced but I would be surprised if they aren't thinking along similar lines and if PLS weren't in the best position to satiate their various desires with a scrip offer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.5¢
Change
0.055(10.8%)
Mkt cap ! $352.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 57.3¢ 52.3¢ $1.599M 2.886M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7454 56.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.