WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

speculation, page-15

1. 5,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    Hi opel24,

"if we just stuck to the facts"

That's not what I said. We should explore and speculate about OBJ, but also it seems sensible to keep perspective and appreciate when dead-ends are pointed out, for example. We can have commentators doing both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. BTW, scientists can have intuitive breakthroughs by contemplating just the facts. Of course, left-field research can be guided by the facts too. It's all in the mix.

Hi amg63,

"MG how can you sit on your high horse and comment on speculation getting out of control when you have not contributed in any way to the research on the forum."

I think readers can be led astray with the optimistic claims about OBJ, so I think it is good have people balancing things by saying speculation is getting out of control. Two people recently said they got into OBJ based on what they read in these OBJ threads. People see what they want to see. For example, abdm said that Alza Corp "magically disappeared", then I pointed out that J&J probably absorbed them as it seems to say on the wikipedia page, yet that is ignored and we just move on to the next speculation. It's like "negative" facts are invisible. Ideally, research about OBJ should be objective, not just about seeking big positive connections. Actually, it's good if some people seek big positive connections, so long as others are free to point out the weaknesses. Contributions can take many forms. Pointing out logical errors, for example, is a big help if you really want to get to the truth of an issue. Generally, I think it is good to point out flaws because it crosses out dead-ends thereby saving time and effort that can be used for following more productive OBJ leads. That's teamwork.

"You simply rip into the contributors on the forum and fail to counter their ideas with your own research..."

Where have I "ripped into the contributors"? I think this is a case of kettle/black. Did you forget Longman's vicious attack on me last year? He got over 30 T/U's for the most vile attack I have ever seen on HC. That's "ripping into the contributors", and it is ganging up on contributors. Then others welcomed him back after he returned from the sin bin. Ironically, it turned out that I was right all along - confidentiality didn't stop OBJ management from telling us their view of the company's future since they did so at the last annual meeting without repercussions. Note that people who were saying that they were glad that management didn't tell us about the company's future suddenly changed their mind when management did tell us. So it looks to me like a gang ripped into me, ignored the fact that I turned out to be right, and hypocritically contradicted their own claims and arguments. And now you claim that I am ripping into others when I am clearly not doing so. OBJ researchers here get plenty of accolades and T/Us so they should be able to cope with someone balancing the situation by saying some of the speculation is getting out of control.

"I'd hate to imagine the forum without the likes of surges, abdm, jta, gbr among others... you all know who you are."

That's a red herring. I am not saying researchers should leave or even that they should change. I'm just saying that claims about OBJ get out of control sometimes and that it is a good idea to have a balanced perspective regarding what counts as contribution. I have every right to say that. We are all entitled to our opinions. This isn't your turf, it is shared turf. Anyway, I thought you had me on ignore - just put me back on ignore because I don't want another long futile fight like the one that happened last year. Even if I turn out to be right, as happened last year, no one seems to benefit, so what's the point? With the ignore button you can filter out all contributions that you don't like and keep all the contributions you do like. It won't help you get an accurate view of OBJ, but it will help you maintain a comfortable state. I guess it depends on your priorities. My priority is to get an accurate view of OBJ.

Hi Barradevil,

"For those that truly believe in obj, hang in there because one day it will happen....

All I can say is I'm not a "true believer" in any stock. This is a stock, a company, a business. It's about money and facts, not belief.

Hi Boydy,

"I love the speculation keep it coming, with out it these threads would cease to exist or be to boring to keep an interest."

I checked through the thread and found that no one said there should be no speculation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.