DRO 5.74% $1.57 droneshield limited

Speculations, page-79

1. 1,169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1043
    It depends on what you think. Why did you invest? Quick profit, or do you genuinely believe the company will be worth much more in the future? How do you value it? There are a lot of people on HotCopper who are the "true believers only" type. But to be honest I can't stand that sort of thought. Its important to remain balanced and consider your investments well. Hanging on to a stock when it no longer has a good investment case because youre emotionally invested is a good way to lose money (believe me, many if not all of us have been there before).

Picking an exit isnt easy. If youve made 120% though, you have options.
    - You can keep holding until you think its overvalued.
    - You can keep a running stop loss (eg. A 10% stoploss - 61.5c is its highest close, so it if drops 10% from there (55.3c), then sell. You never get the highest price but you tend to be less likely to miss out on extra gains.
    - You can also de-risk by selling part. If you sold 40% of your shares, you'd have your initial capital back, so you'd only be risking your profit (often called carrying the stock freehold - because it owes you nothing).

Plenty of options, just up to you which is right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.57
Change
0.085(5.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.193B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.46 $1.57 $1.45 $13.04M 8.627M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8182 $1.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.57 75229 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.