Bought a stock to get more exposure into Rare Earths (RE) story...

1. 704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Bought a stock to get more exposure into Rare Earths (RE) story that's taking place. But first a couple of updates on the existing stocks in the portfolio...

I noticed the BRU entitlement shares have been allocated since my holding has increased in my account. Not sure exactly which date they appeared in my account so I will put today's date as purchase date.

Also with the last stock that was added to the portfolio (ZML), I was tempted to jump on the news which alerted me to that stock. Banks (especially the majors) have a whole team or a department of investment managers who make the decisions as to where to invest money, so they wouldn't throw money away generally. So the news is quite significant in my opinion. See the cutout section from their company presentation below:

But by not jumping in I did get to buy them at a lower price rather than paying above 80c on the day the big news was released.

Neometals Ltd (NMT) which is mainly a Lithium play is making progress with it's Titanium extraction which is creating some excitement.

As I mentioned when buying ALK, Rare Earth stocks seems to be on the move. The two I mentioned were ARU and NTU. Since ALK is Gold/RE play, I wanted to get more of a pure play RE stock on the portfolio. So I looked at the information on each of them.

From what I could find NTU has that little X-factor that could make it a stand out amongst the RE plays on the ASX and there are quite a few juniors that are not mentioned here. The reason is Northern Mineral's Browns Range deposit has a good % of Dysprosium and larger proportion of heavier RE's which tend to be more valuable. I also read in a recent news headline about NTU is to become a significant Dysprosium producer outside China. So I bought a parcel of Northern Minerals Ltd (NTU) shares for speculating on RE's.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.