Speed camera's are outof hand now in sydney, page-58

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    GZ...driving a heavy vehicle is the hardest thing to do and maintain some sense of humour as well.
    Drivers of all ages, but especially those towing caravans hate to be overtaken by the big bad truck. They will almost always sit on 90 kmh until the overtaking lanes then accelerate to 100 kmh to prevent being overtaken by the big bad truck...

The average dummy does not realise how annoying it is for a heavy vehicle driver to have to continually brake because the car driver's speed keeps wandering up and down...so will on occasion run up close behind with his foot off the accelerator to let friction wash off some speed. The car driver sees the truck in the mirror closing down so panics and either slows further or abuses the truckie, and then writes to the newspapers about how truck drivers intimidate car drivers...

The truck driver is well aware and is not intimidating them at all and is ready to brake if he should get too close.

A car driver too I am sure would get the irits pretty quickly if he had to keep dropping down a gear then speed up again due to some bozo in front unable to maintain a constant speed.

These idiots cause more accidents than they know...it always cracks me up when the old fart gets up and says in the doddery voice..."I have been driving for 70 years and never had an accident". Yeah, but caused about a hundred!!

It is so refreshing when overseas in Europe, UK etc as the drivers have a respect. They don't dawdle in the outside lane, giving driver's the bird that come up behind them, they move back to the left lanes after overtaking.
    Trucks are required to travel in the far left or far right lane depending where you are, if they don't they get booked.

Try flashing your lights behind the DH in the far right lane doing 90 kmh and they will either tap on the brakes or slow down further. The general attitude of Australian drivers stinks in fact, it is all about them in their little tin and glass capsule and zero care for anybody else.

That reminds me of a case some years ago here in Qld. a truck driver barrelling down the Bruce Highway toward Brisbane in a Prime Mover, had some sort of issue cannot remember what it was, but when cars got in his way he just drove into them and pushed them out of the way. I'm sorry but I had to cackle at the time as I thought how badly I had wanted to do that so many times...lol.
    But seriously not a good idea as people could have been hurt, none were thankfully...just a few dents and scratches.
    Last edited by boatboy: 25/04/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.