Speed Fines

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    In the last 8 weeks I have been wacked with two speeding fines. I thought both were unfair and just part of a revenue exercise.1. 100km to 70km to 40km all in the space of 500 metres...was doing 65km as crossed into the 40 following another vehicle there was no road works being conducted ...bang $360. Paid the fine as soon as I received it..but was a bit miffed.2. Was in outback Qld about an hour out of Hughendon driving towards that town. 100 went to 80 went to 60 whilst still a Km out of a town with about 6 houses and got pinged to the tune of $464. Not another car in sight ...road was all good it's a highway..not a built up area but this mobile camera is positioned for maximum impact. There simply is no reason to drop limit from 80 to 60. A revenue exercise for sure.Ok so you say I am speeding pay the fine and get over it...be more vigilent in the future amen to that.I did a bit of research and guess what their must people all over Australia copping this BS from our state Governments. In fact in 2015/16 they collected close to a Billion Dollars. Victoria alone $350 million..they are budgeting for $475 Million in 2020/21 a 35% increase. No wonder Dan can piss away $350 mio on the Games we are not going to have. This revenue raising which we are told goes into safety education and all those other nice things is being used to plug budget gaps we are being taxed in a deceitful way. Of course much of the revenue is being spent on better cameras so to collect even more fines. Sure we have some absolute drop kicks on the road in this country but is speeding the real issue certainly where they set these traps are not the problem. Big Governments seem hell bent on getting their hands into our pockets where does it all end?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.