RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

CB, Hilldweller is correct, most states do no have legislation...

1. 688 Posts.
    CB, Hilldweller is correct, most states do no have legislation allowing speed cameras but there is now a steady and increasing push for legislation in a number of states. The Republican/redneck lobby is very vocal and so far has made more noise than the general populace. One prime example recently was a Republican politician, Janke, who said " I speed (it's my right) and I pay my fines, bs, bs.) Unfortunately he sped through a stop sign on a country road, rumoured at 60MPH, killed some poor sod and is now facing a gaol sentence.

It will take time to change the redneck attitude, on the other side there are the women, kids and old folk who are becoming much more vocal.

Speed cameras will be the same situation as the early days of red light cameras, once the reduction in injuries and deaths become apparent even the idiots will have to accept the inevitable. Already 70 to 80% of people in the US approve red light cameras, only about 30% at present approve speed cameras in an open road situation however, maybe not all that surprising, 70%+ approve speed cameras at an intersection.

I've heard a figure as small as $2k to switch on the speed side of a RLC system, either way it's peanuts compared to the citation increase.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.