RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

pharmaboy, good point but when you look at it it really is by...

1. 688 Posts.
    pharmaboy, good point but when you look at it it really is by far the lesser of two evils.. This was actually one argument used by my so called US 'rednecks'.

Most fatal accidents at signalised intersections, in fact any intersection, are the T bone collisions, that is one vehicle plowing into the side of another vehicle at right angles. Much more deadly than rear end collisions. Extensive data looking at this problem in the US has shown that when RLCs are first installed the number of rear end collisions initially increase but the number of T bone smashes reduce dramatically. These rear end collisions have then been shown to reduce over time as drivers adjust their driving habits to what may be said a more sensible mode of driving.
    I know we all speed at times but through an intersection??. Even at say a 60kmh limit does it really make much sense at all to blow through the intersection even at the legal limit on a green light without easing off just a bit and being ready to brake?

Basically what the cities and their police forces aim for through RLC and speed camera technology is an attitude change by drivers as to how they approach and drive through intersections. Hard as it is to believe some speed infringements in the US through intersections have been recorded at over 90mph in a 45mph area, even at 60mph there are very large numbers.

South Australia and the ACT have combined RLC/speed installations, W A will shortly start installing them and I believe NSW and Qld are looking hard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.