SPH 0.00% $3.10 sphere minerals limited

Hi Rob,Good to have more comments on Sphere. I agree with your...

1. 197 Posts.
    Hi Rob,

Good to have more comments on Sphere. I agree with your comments on value. Not so sure though that it fell to 20c due to soros. Soros became a substantial holder on 24/11/2008, he bought in at an average of 1.30 between 1/8/08 and 29/10/08. He then sold out only 125,000 or so shares on 24/11/2008, which is less than a month after he became a substantial holder. So I not sure just how much Soros still owns but if it was only those 125,000 shares he sold then he could well be sitting under the substantial holder radar with just under 5% stake. I clearly remember the day sphere hit 19c, it was the day the whole market went crazy and even the likes of BHP hit it low at $20 before rebounding stronly to finish the day almost at $22.

On that day Soros sold only 99,000 shares roughly. So still not convinced he caused the crash as before that he only sold 24,000 on the 21/11/08 so this is barely enough to make the stock plunge to 19. I think there is just no volume on the stock leaving it vulnerable to the volatility.

This is my opinion. Would love to know what you think regarding Soros.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.